Introduction to Buying Downloads
The process of buying downloads from this site is straightforward. Providing you have a Bank debit card, a credit card, or a PayPal account, you can buy downloads in almost any country of the world.
MacAvon Media PDF documents are DRM-free and can be read with any program that opens PDF on any device. You do NOT need “Adobe Digital Editions” to read MacAvon Media PDFs.
How to Buy Downloads
- Choose the item you wish to download and click the “Add Download to Basket” button next to it.
- If you do not already have a MacAvon account, you will now be prompted to create one. All you need to provide is a valid email address and a secure password. (Please read Creating an Account for a full explanation.) If you already have an account but have not signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
- Continue to add any other items that you require to your shopping basket.
- When you are ready to pay, check your shopping basket (click on the link “Basket & Checkout” at the right on the top navbar). If you wish to remove any item from the basket, click the “Remove” button next to it.
- Click the “Proceed to Checkout” link and then check that the details on the confirmation page are correct. If they are correct, click the “Pay Now” button. If they are not correct, you can add more items, return to the shopping basket, or just click “Cancel” to empty the basket entirely.
- You will be transferred to the PayPal site where you can either pay by Bank debit card or credit card in the normal way without signing in to PayPal (you do NOT need a PayPal account), or you can use your PayPal account if you have one.
- Once payment is complete you should be transferred back to this site, where you will see a list of the downloads you have purchased. Note: if you pay by debit card or credit card you may have to explicitly click a link on the PayPal page to return to this site. (This is a PayPal feature which we cannot avoid.)
- Normally, your downloads list will be updated immediately to include your new purchase(s), but there may occasionally be a slight delay (see below).
- Click on the “Download Now” button next to a file’s name to actually download the file.
- An email message will be sent automatically to your registered email address confirming your purchase of the download.
In some cases there may be a slight delay before the download you have just bought shows as available in your list of downloads. This is because it can take a little while for PayPal to confirm that you have paid. The delay should be very short, so please be patient for a few moments if necessary.
All of the downloads you have paid for (and any free ones you are eligible for) will always be listed under “Downloads” in “Your Account” on the left-hand navbar and under “Your Downloads” on the top navbar.
Please check whether you have received each download before clicking the download button again. You may download any of the files you have purchased (or the free ones) up to 12 (twelve) times for each file automatically. This limit is set in order to prevent excessive demand on the server at busy times. If you need to download the same file more than 12 times, or experience any problems downloading, please contact us and we will respond as quickly as we can.
Download Purchases Cannot be Refunded After Downloading Files
No refunds can be made for purchases of downloads after you have downloaded the files which you paid for.
Please be sure that you want to buy before you pay. If there are any problems after you have paid – for example, if you have any difficulty downloading the files you have paid for – just contact us and we will make sure that you receive the files by one means or another.
However, we are able to provide a refund for any download purchase if – and only if – you have never attempted to download the files you paid for and you contact us within 35 days of your payment.
For full details of our policy and procedure for refunds and special offers, please read the page on Special Offers and Refunds.
Any questions? Just contact us and we will always reply personally.
It is essential that you provide a genuine, valid email address when you create an account. This address will be used to confirm your download purchases, and to correspond with you in the event that you experience any problems or to provide you with a refund.
If you do not provide a genuine email address we cannot provide you with a proper service. Except in the case of a Lecturer’s Account, we do not ask for any other contact information or details.
Why You Need an Account
The main reason for using accounts and logins is that if we do not create a unique identity for you we cannot provide you with a record of which files you are eligible to download, or make it possible for you to download the same file more than once. We do not ask for or record any personal information in connection with your account. (Lecturers’ Accounts are a special case.)
Further information is available under Creating an Account.
Payment at PayPal Site
In case you are not familiar with paying through PayPal, please note that if you do not have a PayPal account and do not wish to create one, you can simply pay at the PayPal site in the same way as at any other online payment service. You just enter the details connected with your Bank debit card or credit card in the normal way, in a secure environment.
Please be assured that at no time is any of your financial information passed to MacAvon Media by PayPal. Your details are entered securely on the PayPal payment site and we receive no financial data from them and no information regarding your PayPal account if you do have one. All that we receive back from PayPal is a confirmation that you have completed the payment.